The cheapest way of exploring Southeast Asia
Whatever part of Southeast Asia you are madly excited about and want to explore as soon as possible, Traveloka is your must-visit website. Why? There are many reasons, being 100% honest with you, but the main one that springs to mind is that it is by far the cheapest and most convenient way of booking travel experiences across the region. Period.
Traveloka is a relatively young company compared to some of the "old guns" in the industry. The company was founded back in 2012 by technology practitioners who returned to Indonesia from the United States full of knowledge and ideas to start a profitable business. The three main people behind the idea of launching Traveloka were Ferry Unardi, Albert Zhang and Derianto Kusuma. The idea of launching the website came to the mind of the former when he had many difficulties trying to return to Panang, Indonesia, from his stay in the West.
During the early phase of Traveloka's existence, the platform was serving just as a comparison of airline ticket prices from various other sites. Midway through 2013, Traveloka moved to bolster their credibility by becoming a ticket reservation website - one with which users could directly place an order. With the platform experiencing an enormous growth at that time, it quickly decided to move to the other huge travel industry sector - hotel booking. Not even a full year had passed when Traveloka became a prominent hotel booking provider in July 2014.
Although being founded and headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia, the company offers equally great services across Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.
As already mentioned, you would have to do really well (and probably still fail) to find a website that will enable you to book your travel experience at a lesser price than Traveloka. That is simply because Traveloka crawls the whole web for the best flight or hotel offer according to your needs - not a single deal can get overlooked!
At the moment, when it comes to the whole Southeast Asia region, Traveloka gives you the best chance to find the cheapest:
- Flight offers - Traveloka deal crawler will make sure you have plenty of options to select from at super-affordable prices. Whether it is a domestic flight you are after or a weekend getaway trip to a neighbouring country, Traveloka's got you covered! Currently, Traveloka co-operates with all the biggest airlines in the region including AirAsia, Malindo, Garuda, Lion Air, Jet Star, KLM and many more.
- Hotel offers - the same software that helps you find cheapest flights across Asia will make sure that the hotel stay you book is one that you will remember for years - thanks to the combination of modest pricing and unbelievable night's sleep! Amongst hotels listed at Traveloka, you can find such names as Mariott, Hardrock Hotel, Berjaya, Accor Hotels and plenty of others.
Traveloka, probably because of the fact that for now it still has the strongest connection with Indonesia as it originates and facilitates in there, additionally offers to people located in the country the following:
- Trains - now you can move around the biggest cities in Indonesia at ease and little costs. The platform offers discounted coupons on trains between the most popular city stations in the country: Bandung, Cirebon, Jakarta, Malang, Semarang, Surabaya and Yogyakarta. On top of that, you can book an airport train to make sure you don't miss your next flight (booked at Traveloka, too, of course!).
- Bus - if you are not a fan of trains and prefer the old-school bus travel, Traveloka is rushing to your rescue again. Thanks to the partnership with the biggest bus and shuttles in the country, you can travel safely to all the regions any day.
- Packages - people traveling to or around Indonesia can now book flight + hotel packages at Traveloka. Of course, booking in bundle gets you even higher discounts than usual.
- Attractions and activities - there's no doubt Indonesia is a country with hundreds of beautiful places and must-see tourist attractions. Whether you are a local that wants to explore new parts of the country or a visitor eager to see as much as possible during the few days/weeks stay in the country, Traveloka has some special offers for you. Checking the Traveloka Activities & Attractions section, you can find over 1000 different tourist-centered offers across 8 most beautiful cities in the country - Jakarta, Bali, Bandung, Surabaya, Yogyakarta, Medan, South Tangerang and Bogor.
Why book with Traveloka?
On top of all the points discussed above, there are plenty of other reasons of why you should trust Traveloka to make your travel experience the most memorable one yet.
Traveloka is the most honest travel booking place in the Southeast Asian web, period. When booking through Traveloka – let it be a hotel, flight, a package – there is no transaction fee and no hidden charges at all. None, zero, nada. Traveloka aggregates all the hotel and flight deals from their partners but doesn’t add up anything to the original price for a potential profit. They are super fair!
From all the travel-booking platforms in the region, it’s Traveloka that offers the most discounts most frequently. There are special hotel discounts available throughout the year for people who already booked a flight through Traveloka. Also, there are exclusive promotions regularly sent to newsletter subscribers and Traveloka members. Traveloka promotions and sale events are discussed in more details later!
Best Price Guarantee
Traveloka gives you what other travel-booking websites don’t – a price guarantee. The platform makes sure there are no cheaper flight or hotel deals anywhere else in the web.
Authentic Guest Reviews
Currently, there are over 2 million authentic and verified reviews from hotel guests who booked their stay through Traveloka. You simply can’t go wrong with the choice!
By booking through Traveloka, you are guaranteed a hotel stay. If the unthinkable happens, i.e. the hotel you booked turns out to be overbooked, Traveloka will find you a similar hotel without any additional costs or, should you be dissatisfied with the replacement, your money back!
Traveloka runs a reward program for all the active users of the platform. That means, anytime you book a flight, hotel, package or any other offer listed on the website, you can expect to get rewarded by Traveloka. The reward program is called "Traveloka Points".
What can you use Traveloka Points for?
Traveloka points are redeemable. That means that any points you earn with your bookings, you can exchange for discounts on your next flight, hotel or attraction & activities deal. On top of that, you can also choose to redeem your Traveloka points for discount coupons from the most popular online merchants in Malaysia. These include such names as Lazada Malaysia and Shopee Malaysia.
How to redeem Traveloka points?
First of all, you need to make sure you are currently logged in to your Traveloka account. Once you are logged in and going through your booking process at Traveloka, click the "Redeem" button that's listed on the payment page. After clicking the button, you should notice that the total price of your booking is now deducted by the value equivalent to your Traveloka points total.
If you don't want to redeem your points on a booking discount, you can also go to the Traveloka Points Catalogue and select the product you wish to redeem instead.
How many points do you have to earn before you can redeem them?
There's no universal answer to this question as the minimum Traveloka Points threshold required for redemption differs for all products. For hotel bookings, you need at least 1,000 Traveloka Points whereas it's 2,500 for flights. For packages and attractions & activities, it's 1000 points each.
If you want to redeem your points for reward coupons, there's no minimum number required. Reward coupons are discount codes you can use at online Malaysian merchants partnering with Traveloka.
Traveloka Malaysia loves a discount, they really do! On the website there's a special Promo section that you can browse by clicking the button at the top of the page.
Once you arrive in the Traveloka promo section, you will be blown away by the number of promotions available at your disposal. As already mentioned before, Traveloka is probably the online travel platform that runs the biggest number of promotional campaigns throughout the year.
In the Traveloka promo section, you can either browse through all the promotions available at this moment in time or narrowing down the list of discounts by selecting whether you are looking for a promotion for flight, hotel, train, flight + hotel package, attractions & activities, airport transfers, bus shuttles or car rentals.
Frequently visiting Traveloka promo section is a good way of being up to date with the latest promotions but it's not the only one.
You can get tons of new promotional deals from Traveloka without even visiting the website if you decide to subscribe for Traveloka newsletter updates.
Traveloka Mobile App
Another great way of exploring exclusive deals is downloading the Traveloka app on your mobile. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Traveloka Sale Events
There are 3 major sale events hosted on Traveloka every year.
- Traveloka Singles Day - also called the 11.11 sale event. Hosted on the 11th of November every ear. Available discounts of up to 80% across selected products.
- Traveloka Black Friday sale - hosted on the last Friday in November every day. Black Friday is a global event originating from America that's gaining more and more popularity across Asian markets. Savings of up to 75% available during this promotional period!
- Traveloka Double Twelve - also known as 12.12 sale event. Hosted on the 12th of December every year and usually generates the biggest and highest amounts of discounts due to it being the last major sale event in the calendar year.
Traveloka Customer Service
In case of any problems/doubts with your booking, you don't have to worry. Traveloka is here to help you all around the clock.
Traveloka runs a 24/7 Live Chat support and also a Call Center eager to help you at any time of a day. Before you approach any of these regarding your query, it would be great if you could prepare your Traveloka booking ID to make the whole process fast and convenient for all the parties.
There are many payment options available at Traveloka. Currently you can pay for your Traveloka booking using:
- Bank Transfer - through ATM/SMS, banking, e-banking or a bank teller
- ATM payment - any ATM machines with the logo of Altom Prima or Bersama
- Credit Card - both Visa and MasterCard are acceptable
- Internet Banking - (Clickpay Mandiri, KlikPay BCA, CIMB Clicks)
- Indomaret stores - any store in any location
- Alfamart stores - any store in any location