More about Lazada:
Lazada voucher guide
Lazada Malaysia is a subsidiary of the Lazada Group, which is a popular e-commerce company in the larger region of South Asia. Lazada Group’s other subsidiaries are located in Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and Singapore.
Lazada was founded in 2012, by Alexander Samwer, Marc Samwer, Oliver Samwer, and Rocket Internet, with the aim of providing Southeast Asia shoppers with an effortless shopping experience. It is currently owned by the Alibaba Group, which is the largest e-commerce site globally. Lazada’s headquarters are in Singapore and its CEO is Peng Lei.
Lazada ships items internationally at no additional costs except where products are subject to custom duties, GST, and inspection fees.
Overview of the shop and available products
Being an e-commerce store, Lazada has its warehouse in Jalan Subang 7. Lazada stocks all kinds of items and brands. Any item from the following categories is available on the platform:-
- Electronic devices and their accessories
- Television and other home appliances
- Health and beauty items
- Babies’ items and toys
- Groceries and pets’ items
- Home and lifestyle equipment
- Women’s and Men’s fashion clothing and their accessories
- Sports and travel equipment
- Automotive accessories and motorcycles
Lazada has succeeded through the wooing of customers through adaptive technologies and retaining them through discounts and promotions. Southeast Asia is a peculiar market to penetrate as it comprises of countries with differing cultures and spending habits. Lazada has put all these cultures on a single platform thus enabling people from different countries purchase from them.
How to buy at Lazada?
Before you place an order, Lazada advises you to first create an account as some of their discount codes will only apply if you have signed up for the account.
To sign-up for the account, simply go to their website; https://www.lazada.com.my/ and on the top right corner, you will see a ‘Sign-up’ tab. Once you click on the tap, a sign-up prompt comes up, and you can either sign-up through Facebook or manually fill in an email address, your full name, and preferred password. You will see that the ‘I want to receive exclusive offers and promotions from Lazada’ is pre-checked. If you prefer not to be receiving email notifications, uncheck this box, but keep in mind that you will be losing on exclusive deals. Once you click on the ‘Sign-up’ button, an email will be sent to you with a verification link. Once you verify your email address, you can now start enjoying the one-of-a-kind shopping experience Lazada offers.
To buy items from the site, the following steps are mandatory:-
- Browse through the various items or type in what you’re looking for on the ‘Search’ tab. Clicking on a sub-category will help narrow down your choices. Once you’ve found what you are looking for, you will be able to view additional details such as its specs, availability, and expected delivery period.
- Add to cart and continue shopping, or proceed to check it out if it’s the only thing you’re buying.
- You will be prompted to input the email address where your order information will be sent. You can at this point proceed to log in to your account or continue without logging in.
- Enter your delivery address and phone number, and check to see that you’re comfortable with shipping fees. Keep in mind that bulkier items call for a surcharge fee.
- Select your preferred payment method and should you have a voucher, you key in its code at this point.
- Once you’ve confirmed that all your details such as billing and delivery address are correct, you can proceed to click on the ‘Place Your Order’ button.
- An order confirmation message will be sent to you via text and email. Take note of the tracking number as you will need it should you want to inquire about your package’s whereabouts.
What are the payment options?
- You can use you Lazada E-wallet to make purchases on this platform. You will need to create an account, verify your email address, and confirm your mobile phone number through which you will be receiving your one-time e-wallet password. You can top-up your e-wallet through e-banking, debit or credit card, and earn points in Lazada’s 7-Eleven retail stores. Paying through the e-wallet is convenient and you’re guaranteed of faster and easier refunds.
- Credit and debit cards as well as Mastercards are acceptable payment methods
- Online transactions can be carried out on Maybank, CIMB, Public, Hong Leong Bank, and RHB bank websites
- You can pay either cash on delivery or pay at any of the 7-Eleven Stores within 48 hours of placing your order. Note that for the latter, your order is only shipped once payment is made and it expires if you do not pay within the 48 hours.
- You can transact with Lazada through PayPal
- For Maybank account holders, you can pay through an instalment plan. For this plan, you have to use a Maybank Visa or MasterCard credit card, and you can pay for your purchase over a period of 6-12 months.
Lazada delivery options
The delivery fees are dependent on your package size, location, the option you choose, and from item’s origin. Here below are the delivery options available for you:-
- The Economy option takes 5 to 7 days for deliveries within Peninsula Malaysia, while those destined to Sabah & Sarawak take 7 to 10 days.
- The Standard shipping option takes 1-6 days for deliveries within the Metro areas, and 3-10 days otherwise.
- The Express Delivery option is available for specific products. Products eligible for this option will have this indicated on their title. Once you place your order by 12 pm, you will receive your package the same day if you choose this option. Orders placed later than this are delivered by 9 pm on the next working day. Order placed during weekends and holidays are delivered by 9 pm on the next working day.
The different shipping options include BOXIT, NINJA VAN, SKY NET, GDEX, SnT, among others.
Lazada goods return policy
You may decide to return a product you’ve purchased from Lazada due to the following reasons:
- A defective or damaged product
- Change of mind
- A wrong item was delivered
- It does not fit
- It does not look as advertised
- It has missing parts
- It is expired or you doubt its authenticity
In this case, you should wrap it with the original package along with its accessories and invoices and contact Lazada’s Customer Service within 48 hours, particularly if the product was damaged. The parcel can be dropped off at Lazada’s courier partners. Goods can be returned within 7 or 14 days depending on the product. However, for damaged, poor packaged goods, or expired items, returning them physically might not be necessary. Instead the client can fill the Online Return Form and contact the Customer Service for the refund process to be initiated.
The returned goods undergo an evaluation process for 2 – 3 working days. After this, the refund process will begin, of which you will be notified by email or text message. You should be able to see it on your bank statement, but should it arrive within 2 months, contact your bank directly.
Lazada customer service
Agents are available to chat on any issue you might have from Monday to Friday, 09:00 am – 09:00 pm, and on weekends and public holidays, from 09:00 am – 06:00 pm. Alternatively, the Lazbot could is available 24/7. You can follow Lazada on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
Customers value merchants that go out of their way to provide an outstanding customer experience. Lazada provides exactly this, making the customers’ shopping experience fun and engaging. Besides customer-friendly returns and refund policies, Lazada has a no leniency towards fake goods and guarantees their clients of the goods authenticity at all times. Unlike in other e-commerce sites where anyone can trade, Lazada only allows registered sellers on their platform. Thus, clients will always get goods from dealers that are compliant both with the authorities and market standards.
Lazada Black Friday deals
Lazada marks Black Friday by offering shoppers massive discounts for an outstanding shopping experience. Through the mobile app, buyers are notified of daily discounted deals. In most cases, you will get Black Friday discounts of up to 80% on any or all of your purchases. Whether you need the latest tech items or fashion trends, Lazada has all that you’ll need in the biggest sale of the year.
Lazada coupon code & promotion policy
Lazada carries out all year round promotions and discounts. The biggest sale this year so far is the Riang Ria Raya sale, where there will be deals of up to 90%. The sale will take place from 1st to 4th June 2018. There are more than 600 vouchers up for grabs. During this time, you get a cashback of 10% once you activate and top up your Lazada e-wallet. Besides, there will be outstanding Ramadan sales.
Voucher codes are entered during the payment step of your transaction. Vouchers are valid only on the Lazada website and their mobile app. Vouchers are only used once, and you can redeem up to only one voucher in a day. Vouchers may not apply where other discounts and promotions are offered unless otherwise advised. Note that you cannot exchange vouchers for cash. Vouchers are only valid for a limited time. Take note of its expiry as Lazada will not be liable to replace it in case of its loss or expiry.
Lazada also gives its customers a chance to make incredible purchases with special deals for holidays, Lazada birthday sales, Mother’s day, Father’s day, and so on. For instance, there will be outstanding Ramadan sales during the Riang Ria Raya sale. To get the most out of Lazada, you could just go ahead and load your cart, then be on the lookout for when they roll out vouchers and coupons. Flash sales are also another great way of taking advantage of Lazada sales. Lazada flash sales are simply out of this world, but you have to be quick as they are only a few items so they’ll sell out quickly. The Lazada app will notify you when flash sales and other discounts kick off.
Lazada recognizes the need to continuously keep in touch with their sellers as one of their stakeholders. Therefore, they organize events and webinars throughout the year exclusively for their sellers. For instance, Lazada organized the Online Revolution in late 2017, during which time small and medium-sized companies combined efforts with Lazada with the aim of reaching out to more than 560 million buyers in Southeast Asia.
Sellers are empowered with an end-to-end environment by providing them with a platform where they can sell goods, get the best logistics and payment options and thus satisfy customer needs. New sellers are taken through rigorous training to ensure that they understand how they can move their business from brick and mortar and sell effectively online. Through this mentoring, they are able to avoid common pitfalls experienced by small and medium-sized businesses that try their hand in e-commerce.
Lazada, being the largest e-commerce site in Southeast Asia and competing with the likes of Amazon has won several awards. For instance, they were the Pacific Gold Winners in 2015. They were also honored at the opening of the iPrice E-commerce Merchant Awards (iEMA) in 2016 which were held in Singapore. Thousands of votes were cast by their supporters throughout Southeast Asia. Organized by eTail Asia in conjunction with iPrice Group, the awards were aimed at celebrating top e-commerce merchants and honor their efforts. Lazada Philippines won the popularity award.
Lazada is one of its kind and continues to receive positive reviews from all their stakeholders. Their reputation can only be expected to grow due to the seamless shopping experience and friendly return policies. Besides, customers can shop through an e-wallet which offers more convenience. Same day delivery options are available on Lazada. Shoppers can also re-charge their pre-paid mobile phones through Lazada’s website and mobile app.